Taking Action Against COVID-19
As so many of you are, all of us at Fidelity National Title are closely monitoring the latest developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the United States and abroad to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, business partners, and the consumers we serve every day. We also recognize that you are relying upon our ability to continue to provide title insurance and escrow services, even during these uncertain times. One of the core precepts of our Company is “bias for action” and as such, we have provided new guidelines for each of our offices related to the best practices needed in keeping our workplaces and closing rooms as safe as possible for all employees and visitors. These guidelines follow current recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In addition, our local management is in constant communication with our local employees on ways to reinforce our health and safety standards and sanitization procedures as more information about COVID-19 develops.
Here are a few more examples of the practices and policies we have implemented in our effort to be vigilant during this unprecedented global pandemic:
• Our Business Continuity Office is actively engaged and the central point of contact for each of our local operations as they require support in addressing COVID-19 related issues.
• We are tracking CDC guidance for employers and businesses, along with other federal, state and local directives or advisories related to confirmed diagnoses, travel limitations, and school or other closures.
• Hand sanitizer and cleaning products are being offered to employees and visitors in our offices, as these products remain available.
• Reminders related to personal and workplace hygiene and recognizing virus symptoms are regularly circulated to employees and posted on the Company’s intranet site.
• All employees who are exhibiting signs of illness have been directed to stay home.
• Employees have been advised to avoid travel to any affected areas and any non-essential air travel or other forms of public transportation.
• We have postponed or cancelled upcoming events, conferences or meetings, and asked our employees to use web-based meeting tools, video or telephone conferences instead, when available.
• Local management received specifc guidance regarding employees returning to offices after travel or diagnosis with or direct exposure to COVID-19.
• We have evaluated our networks and software to ensure that they will support large-scale remote access, if necessary, and verified that all essential employees will have the equipment and resources they need to work from home.
We remain committed to serving your needs and those of our employees throughout this global health crisis, and would like to express our gratitude for your continued trust in all of us here at the Fidelity National Financial family of companies.